Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Y'all

Just in case anyone was wondering, I may live in the North but I am a Southerner. Born and bred. Tried and true.

I had a small stint in So. Cal where I fell head over heels in love with the beach, but other than that, my Southern heritage remains in tact.

I now live in the Northeast, and I may occasionally say "wicked", though I hear that's becoming a national known slang word and not just a "Yankee" word. Also, I may root for the Red Sox and Patriots instead of the Rangers and Cowboys, but that's just because my husband does and I seek to honor him. (ha!) :)

All of this to say-- I not only type the word "y'all", I say it too. And I'm allowed. It's apart of my heritage.

You can take the girl out of Texas, but you cannot take the Texas out of the girl.

So there.

:)