Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Ally and Flo... My New Best Friends...

'Tis the season of allergies in the Watson household. Sneezing, coughing, runny noses, headaches, ear aches, sinus pressure, and itchy, water eyes. Seriously, I could handle it all, but for the insane burning that beings in my left nostril and works it way up my nose and into the entire left side of my face. I just about had myself convinced that some virus had invaded my mucus and was eating away at the inside of my facial cavities.

Too much information? Yeah, I thought maybe so.

Anyway, Jonathan says (in a sweet attempt at offering comfort), "Try dealing with all that while waiting tables for the leaf peepers at night and having to get up to go to a regular job the next morning." (His post college graduation jobs).

Yea, I'm feeling better now! I am way more delicate!! I needed a little more comfort than that...

"Okay", he says, "So go to the doctor."

My husband, such a romantic!!

But, I did succumb to his advice, and Praise! Jesus! I did because my doctor has introduced me to my new best friends, Ally and Flo (a/k/a Allegra and Flonase).

I have never been real big on taking anything stronger than Advil, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Jonathan can take Claritin, over the counter, and be all set. I, on the other hand, seem to need a small army of pills and concoctions to take away the fog that hangs around my head. Good news is that it seems to all be working.

Guess that means I have to go back to work now.... ugh.