Friday, August 08, 2008

I am a big fan of music. Music moves me in ways that people, places and other "things" can't. Music is simply in my DNA. This week I found music particularly beautiful.

God has been moving and shaking things up in my life a bit. I like change, and it was time for a change in my heart, so this has been a good thing. I have had a CD on constant rotation this week and the more I listened to it, the more I realized heard God speaking to me through the lyrics.

Here is a quick sample of a few I found especially amazing...

"...And the truest sign of grace was this;
From wounded hands redemption fell down, Liberating man

But the harder I try the more clearly can I feel
The depth of our fall and the weight of it all
And so this might could be the most impossible thing
Your grandness in me making me clean..."

"...I am full of earth and dirt and You..."

(from the song Wholly Yours, by David Crowder)


"…letting go gives a better grip.
I’m finding everything I’ll ever need
By giving up, gaining everything…"


(from the song Foreverandever, Etc.)


"... And he set me on fire and I am burning alive.
With his breath in my lungs I am coming undone.
And I cannot hold it in, remain composed.
Love's taken over me, so I propose the letting myself go.
I am letting myself go..."

(from the song You Are My Joy)


I don't think I can truly convey to you how much I am moved by these words. (There is a story to all for all of this and I am working on it, but it's taking much longer than I anticipated to get it all there coherently. So, be patient with me and it will come.)

The CD is David Crowder Band's A Beautiful Collision. He's a kooky guy, but I like kooky. And this CD? Seriously, you must take a listen. I am confident that you too will be moved.


**If you found something beautiful in your everyday life this week- anything counts!- feel free to leave me a comment. Or, better yet, post on your blog and leave us a link. (I am taking down Mr. Linky this week, so just leave your link in the comments. If response is good, I'll bring Mr. Linky back).**

Happy Friday, y'all!!