Monday, July 21, 2008

On The Menu, Week 2

Since I forgot to post my menu for last week, I am going to go ahead and call this week 2. I was very excited to write out this menu as I just received the August copy of Real Simple Magazine. I always scour the magazine right away for great recipes and then go back and take my time reading through the other features. I love that use simple ingredients to make great meals.

Anyway... 3 of my meal this week are from Real Simple. I tried to find them online to link to, but I guess they are not up yet. If anyone wants the recipes, just shoot me an email and I'll get them to you.

Once again I am trying to cut back on meat consumption. For the past 2 weeks this has gone wonderfully. My hubby even said that he doesn't miss it like he thought he would. I have found that I don't crave it or really desire it, even when it is on the menu! The trick now it getting more and more creative with the veggies! :)

In no particular order... my weekly menu...

  • Chicken Cutlets with Tomato Sauté (from RS)
  • Pot-stickers with Sugar Snap Peas and Peanuts (from RS)
  • Pasta with Peppers and Mozzarella (from RS)
  • Rice and Bean Tacos
  • Pineapple BBQ Chicken with Peppers and Rice
  • Breakfast for Supper (probably blueberry pancakes)
I will be posting the recipe for the Pineapple BBQ Chicken later this week. Yum!

Oh, would you leave me a comment if you are posting your menu for this week? I am always in need of new ideas.

Happy cooking!


PS I forgot to mention that last week I tried a new recipe, and I swear y'all, I am in love. I think these Veggie Enchiladas are my new favorite dish. Pretty easy to make and so full of flavor!!