Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Exercise Shmexercise

I have been trying to be more disciplined in my workouts.

(Ugh! Just typing that sentence makes me cringe.)

I hate working out. Really. Hate. It. So, I am trying to get the most bang for my buck. I figured I can get the biggest impact for the least amount of time if I run. I ventured out this winter and started running. I also threw in some ab workouts for good measure, however I was never very consistent. Since the warmer months are here it is even harder to get moving so I have been trying different things to get me moving. Here are a few things I am doing-- and hopefully they will be the winning combination!

  • Follow a loosely laid out program. (I like a little structure, but not too much.) I found this one while perusing magazines at my folks house. I have substituted their cardio slots for my running program (see below). I am mostly using this for the ab work and am anxious to see if I can see a difference in the 14 days as they promise.
  • I downloaded some snappy tunes to keep me motivated!! Working out is so much more fun when I have upbeat, peppy tunes to move to. Here is my current playlist.... or you can find it on iTunes in the form of my very own iMix! :)

(You can click the image to make it bigger.)

  • And lastly, I am trying not to make too big a deal of it. Of course, posting about it on my blog is not really keeping it quiet... but whatever! :) One thing that has helped is simply taking the pressure off a bit. If I don't feel like running then I at least go for a walk.
So... that's what I'm doing to get moving. Any tips out there? What are you doing that is working for you?

(Jen C., where are you when I need a good running buddy?!)