Friday, April 25, 2008

Rain Drops On Roses

I forgot how much I love sleeping during the rain. The fam and I are in Ohio, visiting my bro and his beautiful wife, and Ohio has real rain. Real rain, with thunder and lightening. I love it! I woke up at 2 am to the sound of torrential downpour on the roof and windows. Then the air was all charged with electricity as God showed His power in an awesome display of noise and light.

And I slept like a baby.

Speaking of babies... my baby slept through it all. I thought for sure that the crack of the thunder and the zap of lightening would put a quick halt to his snoring. But alas, he is his momma's boy for something and awake he did not.

Today we lunched Panera Bread. Yum. (How's that for a change in subject?) Jaron spilled "Guncle" Andy's beverage all over everything, but it was bound to happen at sometime. "Guncle" Andy and Nephew Jaron are quite a pair. And oh how Jaron loves his Aunt Leigh. (I think it has something to do with all her cute, funky necklace's he can chew on and her long hair he can twirl around his pudgy little hands. He's a hair guy.)

This visit would only be better if Uncle Gabe and Aunt Minnie were here. (Guilt trip!)

And if we didn't have to drive the 13+ hours home in the forecasted rain and SNOW showers!! What? Snow? Ick. Ick. Ick.

Ugh. I need the beach.