Thursday, April 17, 2008

Naptime and Commodes and Dancing, Oh My!

To my extreme disappointment, I believe that Jaron is weaning himself out of his morning nap. I am obviously not happy about this.

He wakes up every morning between 6- 6:30, so he used to be ready for a nap around 8:30 and would sleep until 10. Like clockwork. This was the time I used to get ready for my day... shower, get dressed, read my bible, check email, etc. I treasured this time. I love being at home with my boy, but this was my time to do what I wanted... time just for me. (I use his afternoon nap to prep for dinner, pick up the house, and get work done since I work pt from home.)

Now I am in a pickle. I am not sure what to do. I know that somehow I will adapt, but for any mom out there who has tried to get ready with a baby/toddler underfoot-- you know it's hard work.

This morning, while I was getting cleaned up, he dug around in the bathroom drawers and found his daddy's electric razor. He started toddling around with the razor to his ear as if he were talking on the phone. It was so cute, except for the little hair clippings that were all over my floors!!

And he has discovered the commode. He loves to pick up the lid and let it crash down, or he'll hold the lid up with one hand and try to splash the other around in the water. It is so gross!! Obviously, this is not allowed and I repeatedly tell him "No" and remove him from the area (after washing his hands, of course), but that little booger is fast! He gets back there before I can get to him. He will look my way and say "No, no, no, no" and shake his head at me as I come after him.


His new thing this week is dancing. And I must say, this is one of my most favorite things of all. He is so cute shaking his little butt. He just sort of bounces up and down any time he hears music. The kid is a dancing fool, just like his daddy. He definitely didn't get the dancing from my Nazarene genes! :)


Little stinker, how I love him!