Monday, March 24, 2008

Dream Big

“The main character in this drama… will ignite the kingdom life within you, a fire within you, the Holy Spirit within you, changing you from the inside out.” Matthew 3:11 (The Message)

This verse has been pulling at my heart for days now. “Ignite the kingdom life”… Now what is that exactly? What does that look like, feel like? How will it change my life? It’s one of those scary yet exciting prospects that life with God often poses. I know it will change my life and deep down I want to change; it’s just the process of getting there that’s not so much fun.

God calls us to dream big. Not just super size dreams, kingdom size dreams. Dreams that sometimes… most of the time... take us outside of our comfort zone. I tend to see the small picture and all the impossibilities. I ask questions like; “How?” and “When?” and “Where?” and doubt the abilities of the very Creator who gave me the brain to process these things.

I think “How?” and “When?” and “Where?” are the right questions, I think often they are simply asked in the wrong tone.

“Yes Lord, I hear You. I don’t understand the big picture, but I will go, I will do it… how, when and where do You need me?”

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts.” Isaiah 5:8-9

Why do I doubt the possibilities? Simply because I doubt what I do not know. And that’s my fault all around, because I could know. I SHOULD know. It’s just a matter of pressing in and getting to know the Father. Listening. Being still before Him.

So Lord, I’m asking for the scary yet exciting things to happen in my life. There’s an open invitation, which I may want to take back at some point, but I won’t. I am Your child, let Your will be done in my life. Let the Holy Spirit come and ignite a fire with me. A passion that burns so bright that people will see me coming from miles out. Make me a torch for You. Not a candle burning dimly, but a blazing, fiery, torch that cannot be put out. I will dare to dream big. I will trust You and I will take a flying leap into Your great adventure. Lead on, ‘cause I’m following.