Monday, February 25, 2008

Movement

The Holy Spirit has been doing a lot of prodding and convicting lately. I feel a bit like I am being stretched before a big race. For some reason, when these times creep up, I feel wordless. However, this morning I found some words that struck a cord with me...

Why are you cast down, O soul? And why are you disquieted within?

Soul: Huh? What’s that? Oh. Hi, Holy Spirit. Well, since you asked, it’s because I get so easily derailed from my convictions and determinations. It’s because I continue to choose to leap into a pit rather than scale the heights. It’s because I would prefer, apparently, to wallow in the muck and mire rather than stay clean for five minutes. Also, I’m just really tired. And that makes me discouraged. For some reason the two always go hand in hand for me.
The conversation continues and I felt as though it could be me speaking. I have come to realize that what the Lord wants to see from me is movement, action, effort.

I get so caught up in doing it right that I become too paralyzed to do anything at all.

So, today I am just going to try to do something, anything, the promotes forward movement. Even if it is imperfect. Even if tomorrow changes the plans.

And above all, I am going to try to remember that He loves me simply because He created me. Nothing I do, or don't do, can change that.