Friday, February 29, 2008

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Truth Of It All

When I "revamp'd" this blog, I purposed to find beauty in my life on a daily basis. To not allow myself to get bogged down by the day to day "stuff". Well, you know what folks? Sometimes it's hard. Especially when you realize how ugly human nature can be.

Yesterday I did not have much luck finding beauty in myself. (The big zit on my chin doesn't help matters.) I don't know what got into me, but I was nasty. Just down right ugly. I allowed myself to fall into the pit and wallow there a while.

Some days are simply more ugly than other days. That's just the truth of life. I am thankful that I am saved by Grace and Grace alone, because my "acts" yesterday definitely did not work in my favor.

But... today is a new day, a fresh start. I am choosing to let go of that which I cannot control, and focus on the One who controls it all. I am choosing to rejoice, even if I do not feel like it. I am choosing to grow, even when staying put would be more comfortable. I am choosing to delight in the Lord.

And today, I will gaze upon true beauty.