Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Giving Thanks

Tomorrow will be a day filled with food. And, I cannot lie, it is my favorite holiday. My family keeps the day pretty simple. Food and football.

Can it get any better?

This year though, I don't want to lose sight of the purpose of the day. I have a lot to be thankful for, however, one thing stands out more than the rest.

My family.













Unconditional love, lots of laughter, beauty beyond compare and a good measure of ugliness thrown in the mix, too. Jokes, farts, pranks, silliness and friendship. Courage, vulnerability, compassion, faith, strength. Outspoken, opinionated, loyal and crazy.

This is my family in a nut shell.

So, to all my family- J, Baby J, Mom, Dad, Gabe the Babe, Auntie Min, A.J., Love-Leigh and Marion- I love you. This Thanksgiving, I am reminded that my life is better, fuller and slightly more chaotic because of all of you.

And I would have it any other way!