Thursday, October 05, 2006

what's in a name anyway?!

So, I have been wondering... how many moms out there "just knew" the gender of their unborn child (without any help from an ultra-sound) and were correct?

And along that same line... how many couples didn't bother to pick out a name for the opposite gender cause you "just knew" it wouldn't be needed?

Just curious, ya know, because picking names, well it is really hard. I mean you gotta call the kid this for EVER. No pressure. Or anything.

And, yes we still have 7 more months to go before we will be in need of a name. It's just that I don't think 7 months will make much difference- if this child is born a male, that is. If we are blessed with a beautiful baby girl, she will be blessed with a beautiful name. If we have a boy he may just get stuck with Hey Kid. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'll take a boy or a girl. Either way this baby will be smuther'd with lovin.

But is it just me, or are boys names harder to come by? Good ones that are not over used, I mean.

Having said all that, we saw our little peanut for the first time last week. So tiny. Seeing the heart beat was amazing. What a miracle, even if it did look like a turtle!

Estimated Date of Arrival: April 25th.