Wednesday, August 16, 2006

works for me wednesday- summer salad


Summer is drawing to close here in the Northeast. The days of beautiful weather are almost over (and snow is predicited for the next 10 months)! Since certian foods are difficult to find fresh here during the winter, I am using the next few weeks to cook up some of my favorite summer dishes. For my WFMW, I wanted to share one of my favorite summer salads.

Strawberry Poppyseed Salad

- green leaf lettuce- chopped finely
- avacado(s)- diced
- fresh strawberries- sliced thin
- cucumber- diced
- sharp chedder chesse- cubed (I love the Heluva Good Cheese brand)
- optional: crutons or sliced almonds- for some extra crunch
- Marie Callender's PoppySeed Dressing (I have tried this salad with other versions of poppyseed and none compare to Marie's)

Mix all ingredients together with a couple tablespoons of the dressing (a lot goes a long way) and Enjoy!


That's it for me today... don't forget to hop on over to Rocks In My Dryer for more great ideas!