Friday, September 12, 2008

Thoughts On Life On A Cloudy Day

Saint Irenaeus said that the "Glory of God is man fully alive." That is such an astounding thought to me. That God's Glory is found in me living life fully. Fully His way, not fully my way, of course, but how much better His way is for me!!
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I [Jesus speaking] have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~John 10:10

"Come to me to have life" ~John 5:40

"I am the bread of life" ~John 6:48

"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." ~John 6:48
It seems that the ebbs and flows of life often feel like life and death. Not in the dire way that those words suggest, but more in the sense of enjoyment vs drudgery. Does that make any sense at all?

I guess what I am trying to say is that I go through so many days just barely making it. Tired, cranky, irritable... the list could go on... those days come and are to be expected, yet can they be avoided? If I were really seeking to live my life in Christ- FULLY- wouldn't those days be less and less? Would my life be more joyful, even in sorrow, if I were really pursuing perfection in Christ?

I like to be perfect, but I strive to fulfill the worlds definition of perfection. Not Christ's. No wonder I am tired and cranky and irritable! If I would accept the words of the Lord, accept that He is Life, then I might truly be able to live each day fully alive.

I long for to go to be at night knowing that every moment of my day counted. Every moment was important and vital. Even if I spent time vegging out on the couch- those moments still count towards my rejuvenation, right?! ;)

There is a stirring in my spirit. I've said it before, but I feel it so strongly these days. The Lord is at work. I am excited and scared all at once. Who knows what might be asked of me by Him?

I tingle with excitement, knowing that His offer of Life is so much better than mine.