Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What A Difference A Year Makes

I have been feeling very reminiscent lately. My baby is growing up and I am not sure I like it! Truthfully, this age/stage is my favorite yet, however I am not ready for him to grow beyond it. He is chattering so much and is proud to show off the words he knows. Any day now I expect to hear him speaking full sentences!

He has learned that he can pull his little walking toy up to the wall and reach the light switches by standing on it. He can open the doors around the house and his big thing this week is twisting lids off of things, be it daddy's coffee cups or momma's water bottles.

My boy runs around the house chasing the poor dog. It seems Maddie's tail is a source of endless pleasure for Jaron! (Poor Maddie, she's been spending lots of time hiding under the bed!) I wish you could all hear him squeal when he chases her!! It makes my heart leap with joy to hear him.

I was going through some photos the other day and found this one of Jaron and daddy at the beach last summer. He was 3 1/2 months in this picture.


These 3 are shots of him this summer (15 months). He has turned into a little water baby. He loves the beach (though he's yet to experience a real ocean beach) and he especially loves the sand. I can't wait to see him during our upcoming vacation. He is going to have a blast!!



Everyday I can't imagine loving him more, and yet every day I do. How is a heart capable of so much love? (And to think, our Heavenly Father loves even more than that!) Jaron is such a special little guy and I thank the Lord with every breath for allowing me the honor and privilege of being his momma.