Thursday, May 22, 2008

Today

Today has been one of those days. My heart is heavy. My eyes tired, my soul weary. I do not want to relive today. I would like for it to end quietly and fade into a distant memory. No tragedy has befallen me. No loss so great to bare.

But, it has been a hard day. A day that that has brought me to this night where sorrow overwhelms me. A day that has left me speechless in its own way. I sit here trying to formulate something coherent to share, to emote, to be honest in my words. I have come up with nothing new and nothing meaningful.

Rest assured, I am okay. I am more than okay, actually. I am simply being refined, purified.

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

Psalm 42:11 (read more here)
I am so thankful that I have a Father in Heaven who hears, and cares about, the quiet things I whisper in the dark of night. And He's mercies are new every morning.